Monday, March 9, 2009

night out and new duds

So! I had some borrowed winter maternity clothes, plus the warm-weather maternity clothes I had for Andrew (some of which were so worn that they shrunk to being useless) but nothing that was springy and nice, i.e. nothing fit for my baby shower, a Spring luncheon or Easter!

AND, I had some money from my dad that he gave me as a "finder's fee" for a paint job. I overheard two men talking at their church about needing a painter, so I sent him over! Eaves dropping paid off!! That was the limit to my budget, too, so I figured on getting one dress.

Saturday, my mom mom came over and treated me to dinner at my favorite "girly" restaurant, Mimi's Cafe. I had a quiche, salad, fruit (no melon nonsense, either--just grapes and strawberries!) and a huge muffin dessert (that ended up being breakfast for the two days after!). Delicious, and it was so nice to sit and have a quiet meal with my mom.

THEN, we hit the local JCPenney to check out their maternity clothes before heading anywhere out of the way.

JACKPOT! Their maternity was on sale for either 30% or 50% off and while there were no dresses, there were plenty of separates to choose from.

My mom got me this outfit for my baby shower.

I got these capris in WHITE! I neeeeevvvveeerrr wear white on the bottom! But they're super-comfy, have the stretchy belly panel and are quite flattering, all things considered. I think these will be great post-pregnancy as well because the panel sort of disappears. Plus they look so fresh for Spring!



Now, for the shower, I got the top below in a blue and white floral pattern, but couldn't copy a picture of it. So you'll have to wait a couple weeks to see the complete shower outfit picture!

I bought this actual top myself, though, as another Springy top--yes, I'll have the same style in two different patterns! It's so loose and comfortable and COOL...but looks great! I believe it's chiffon. It doesn't have the empire waist, which tends to dig into me, or at least feel like it is...so I'll be able to breathe easy in these tops!



Then I bought this skirt in black for my other Spring occasions. VERY cool, comfy and, again, will work post-pregnancy as well. I know this will be a go-to piece for the next two months!!



We got home and I pulled a bunch of other pieces out of my closet and everything works together very nicely so now I should be all set for March/April. YEAH! I think it's important to look and feel good during pregnancy, especially toward the end! Thankfully, the loose, long style is "in" right now s I'll be able to wear my maternity duds after the birth, too!

Going out with a dress in mind and coming home with two complete new outfits is such a blessing! Thanks, Mom and Dad!!

No comments: