Wednesday, November 19, 2008

16 weeks

If you're here to log your vote on the baby stats, check out the right sidebar! :)

I have to admit...this pregnancy is going by quickly. I mean, 16 weeks?? Where has the time gone?? It seems like I was just at the 12-week mark! Phew, even the last week flew by and this week is equally busy so I expect it to go by super-fast, too.

With a total of 37 to 40 weeks, 16 is a nice chunk! I'm actually glad it's not going any faster and I am trying to enjoy each phase.

The nausea has definitely subsided but I do still have a very delicate tummy. I feel hungry, I eat, and about mid-way through, I have to force myself to keep going. I know I have to eat and I know the baby needs it but, man, sometimes it's hard to get it down! And I have a lot of achy feelings and little pains all over now, too. Mostly in the belly and back. I keep thinking it's baby movement, but...nothing yet!

Here's me today at the completion of 16 weeks. I swear, I'm gonna be half way before ya know it!





And here's my belly at 16 weeks with Andrew, just for for fun!



Here's the info. for this week. I do fully expect a growth spurt any time now.

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.





No comments: