Tuesday, November 11, 2008

End of first trimester wrap-up

My mother said to me yesterday as I was modeling some new maternity duds, "Are you sure you're not having twins??" Gee, Mom, thanks. heehee

I know it's a second pregnancy thing. I'm already all stretched out! I'm hoping the same concept will apply to my birth experience!!

So my boss surprised me with a big ol' box from Old Navy yesterday that I thought was for Andrew. Boy, was I surprised to find a bunch of brand new, super-cute, majorly comfy maternity clothes inside!!!

I haven't bought much...in fact...I don't think I've bought anything!! And with temps in the 50s and 60s at work in the morning, I needed something to wear!! With Andrew, I was pregnant in hot weather but for the last, oh, week?? So I don't have any cool weather clothes.

She got me black yoga pants with a band that sits low below the belly and are sinfully comfortable, plus these lil' blue shorts, perfect for spring weather and post-baby



...this tee in black and white (which is actually quite chic on)



a cute top in my favorite shade of blue and a super-cute royal blue and black top that I can even dress up for holiday parties.

Andrew got a jacket and sweat pants and the new baby got two OWL onesies and matching socks!! So cute! Poor Andrew needed a jacket Monday and wanted to wear mine!! Oops.

In other news, I'm back to the all-day-sickness of early pregnancy. It comes and goes, though. I can feel fine all day then WHAM! A wave of nausea washes over me and I'm done for the day and headed for bed. It often starts at my head and works its way down until I feel like all I can do is lay down. I'm hoping it's just a phase.

Evidently, the start of the fourth month means major growth for the baby so it may just be sapping me more than usual. And I do seem to be growing! I measure my belly at the belly button for my pregnancy journal and I've grown a total of three inches so far, two inches just since Halloween! No wonder I look bigger! I'm only up a pound or two, though, so it's not like it's fat. It's just a baby accentuating the fat I already had!

My next OB appointment is a week away and after that, the next appointment is when we find out the gender of the baby!! Woo-hoo!! Five weeks away!! I need to get a poll going.

No comments: