Thursday, December 4, 2008

Big brother

Andrew has been infatuated with my belly button since he was about 1.

And thank the Lord because it was my saving grace when we were weaning. "No milk, buddy. But you can touch the bee-bee!" and that would be close enough.

Yes, he can say "belly button" but prefers to call it by it's nick-name--"beebee."

He differentiates the beebee from the BA-by, though! The "bay-bee" is lower, at least for now!

But when he sees my belly button (like when Drew is admiring my expanding girth), or decides he needs a peek, he gets very excited.

Sometimes he just admires it. And then we talk about the baby and he says, "The baby is so big!" Yup.



Other times, he kisses, pats or blows raspberries on my belly.



But often he gets REALLY excited. He actually shakes with excitement. If you know Andrew in person, you've seen this signature move. He's done it all his life. It's like his little body can't contain his enthusiasm.



I think it's hilarious. It'll probably scare the new baby to death but we don't have to worry about that for another 5 months!

1 comment:

Katharine said...

Those pictures are so cute, I love it.