Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Something happened

But don't be alarmed.

I'm tellin' ya, I think I already "popped." My belly has been squishy and fleshy but suddenly today, there's this sort of hard "mass" on the left side of my belly, straight out from my belly button. Like a...uterus, maybe?? It feels almost like a hernia would!! Or not my uterus but my uterus "popped" and there's something new there I'm feeling.

At any rate, I feel like I'll feel this baby move any second now. I may have already but with all my gut rumblings and weird sensations, it's hard to tell!!

just wanted to record this new development. I can feel the weird little somethin'-somethin' right now!!

I'll keep you apprised.

***UPDATED later***

Yup, things are different. Tomorrow night marks the first of about twelve events in December, six of which being dressy holiday parties, so I had to get my wardrobe sorted out and figure out what I had to wear to all the festivities!!

Well. I tried on a lot of the stuff I drug out of the closet and I can tell you this--it looks different on me than it did even two weeks ago. My belly is ROUND. And bigger! And there's still these new sensations--maybe "twinges," fullness or even pressure, especially on my right side! I swear, that baby is moving around in there! I still haven't had the "WOW" kind of baby movement, but definitely a lot of activity, even if it's just weird internal stretching and twisting. I did feel a funny little "flip" sensation a few minutes ago in the same spot.

I expect the activity to increase over the next several days. I hope to get the big "WOW" movement SOON! But for now, I'm thrilled just to be looking more the part and able to wear all my winter maternity clothes more convincingly!!

Tomorrow night is Drew's company dinner and I'm not even wearing maternity clothes--just my favorite stretchy black pants and a sparkly top. So we'll compare the pictures to a few days ago and see what's what. The proof is in the pooch!!

No comments: