Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Half way!!!

The widely-held belief is that pregnancy lasts a total of 280 days--266 from conception. So, day 140 marks the half-way point.

Now, I know I ovulated at about day 21 so I'm estimating that my May 6 due date will come and go and that I'll be closer to MY original due date of May 13. But I'm still saying I'm half way there!! :)

THAT is a milestone worth celebrating!!

I've been clicking on the "Babystrology" icon just for fun cuz it says 20 weeks down...20 weeks to go! Then 140 days down...140 days to go!! heehee Now the weeks and days to go will outnumber what I've already done--hooray!!

Yes, I'm looking large and in charge...I think I'll have gained somewhere around 8 lbs. at the next OB appointment! Thanksgiving started a major growth spurt, but that's how it was with Andrew, too. I gained 30 lbs. total with him and I'm at a total of about 11 lbs. gained so far, so even if I gain a pound a week now, that'll put me right at 30 again. He was a healthy, fat boy at 8 lbs. 4 oz. so I'm all for gaining enough weight--but not too much!!

It seems like it has gone by quickly but the best part is, the pregnancy is going well. YEAH!

And, baby movement is gradually increasing day by day. I even felt a tiny bump from the outside last night--it made me so happy!! I feel like I'm finally getting to know the little person in there!! Soon, I'll be able to call him or her by name!! My grandparents arrive this week and stay for two weeks so I'd love for them to feel a baby bump. It could happen!!

Now it's only 5 days until we find out if all is well and hopefully whether it's a boy or a girl!! Woo-hoo, I can hardly wait!!

Phew. It's all down hill from there, right??

No comments: